Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Just Jenn's Books

About 7 years ago, someone asked me to recommend books for her to read.  As much as I read, I couldn't think of any books other than the one that I was reading at the moment.  I couldn't even tell you about the very last one I had read.

I got out a notebook and started writing down all the books I could remember that I had read and tried to put down a date (as close as possible).  I came up with a good list.  And from that point on, I've logged every book I've read. 

The list has evolved since then.  It is no longer kept in a notebook, unless you are talking about a laptop.  I now have an Excel spreadsheet that has a tab for each year.  It now has a tab for series where I keep track of where I am with all my favorite authors.  (I am just 3 books away from being caught up on all James Patterson's adult series).  Along with a series tab, I also have a stand alones tab where I keep track of the books not in a series that I want to read.  And then there is a tab for goals.  This is a new tab where I listed every book I want to finish in 2014 and I'm checking them off as I go. 


I have included an individual page on the blog called "Just Jenn's Books".  I will start updating this page as well as my spreadsheet when I finish one book and start another.  

I hope it gives you some ideas for entertainment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment